Limestone contactors in rectangular concrete cells
This procedure has the advantage that the quality of the outlet water is always constant. In addition, operational and maintenance costs improve considerably over the traditional designs. Each unit is individually made according to project specific needs.
The limestone contactors are usually placed in parallel. Because they have the same height they offer the same counter-pressure. This facilitates the hydraulic design of the inlet manifold and provides an uniform and constant water distribution to the different tanks.
The contactors work directly with the water pressure from the reverse osmosis output.
The turbidity of the limestone contactors is controlled using dust free material and maintaining a constant flow rate, i.e. avoiding sudden changes in flowrate. During water shocks flow is initially diverted and incorporated gradually thereafter to the contactor.
There is very little need to purge the limestone contactors, as they operate upflow and do not tend to clog. However, at least once a year a 5 minutes sponging is recommended to reduce the risk the formation of preferential pathways.
Internal parts and the DrinTec™ process are protected by various patents.
Advantages of DrinTec™ limestone contactors process:
- Equipment shipped in standard ocean container
- Modular installation
- Very high efficiency
- Low or no automation
- Constant performance and water quality
- Low maintenance cost
- Minimum or no energy consumption
- No moving parts
- More than 30 days autonomy
- No need for qualified workforce to operate
- No need for frequent backwash
- Common flow range per concrete cell: 1,200 to 13,425 m³/day.
- Filtration media: Granulated Limestone/Calcite (CaCO3 99%)
- Contact time: 10-30 minutes
- Common cell sizes: 5×2, 6×2, 6×3, 7×3, 8×4 m
- Pressure: Atmospheric
- Upflow system
- Internal parts delivered by DrinTec™:
- HDPE or PVC Underdrain system
- FRP Modular spillways
- FRP & PVC Limestone feeding system
|Fecha de publicación:||11 December, 2017|
Copyright © 2020 LCCH. All Rights Reserved.