Limestone contactors in FRP/PP tanks
This procedure has the advantage that the quality of the outlet water is always constant. In addition, a series of operational and maintenance costs improve considerably over the traditional designs.
The contactor bed is enclosed within a plastic reinforced tank. Each unit is individually made according to project specific needs.
DrinTec™ limestone contactors are usually placed in parallel. Because they have the same height they offer the same counter-pressure. This facilitates the hydraulic design of the inlet manifold and provides an uniform and constant water distribution to the different tanks.
The DrinTec™ tanks usually work directly with the water pressure from the reverse osmosis output. They can also be built to work with pressure up to 6 bars.
The turbidity is controlled using dust free material and maintaining a constant flow rate, i.e. avoiding sudden changes in flowrate. If nominal flow is going to be increased, flow is initially diverted and incorporated gradually thereafter to the contactor.
There is very little need to purge the limestone contactors, as they operate upflow and do not tend to clog. However, at least once a year a 5 minutes sponging is recommended to reduce the risk of formation of preferential pathways.
Internal parts and the DrinTec™ process are protected by various patents.
Advantages of DrinTec™ limestone contactors process:
- Vessels shipped in standard ocean container
- Easy and fast installation
- Very high efficiency
- Low or no automation
- Constant performance and water quality
- Low maintenance cost
- Minimum or no energy consumption
- No moving parts
- More than 30 days autonomy
- No need for qualified workforce to operate
- No need for frequent backwash
- Common flow range per tank: 20 to 2,280 m³/day.
- Filtration media: Granulated Limestone/Calcite (CaCO3 99%)
- Contact time: 10-30 minutes
- Maximum height: 5750 mm
- Diameters: 600-2500 mm
- Pressure: Atmospheric / 2-6 bar
- Upflow system
- Internal paint: For drinking water purpose
- External paint: UV resistant
- FRP (Hand lay-up / Winding)
- Manufacturing standard: UNE-EN-13121
- Manufacturing time: 10-12 weeks
- Manufactured in Spain
|Fecha de publicación:||11 December, 2017|
Copyright © 2020 LCCH. All Rights Reserved.